According to the National Sample Survey Office (NSSO) in 2012, only 32% of rural households have their own toilets and that less than half of Indian households have a toilet at home.
1. SHIKHA NAYYAR. (2014). Sanitation, Health and Hygiene in India.Available: http://www.healthissuesindia.com/2014/02/05/sanitation-health-hygiene-india/. Last accessed 29th May 2015.
- +Ensuring Nutrition and basic needs
Arunondhaya is center working with Street children . They provide breakfast, evening snacks and dinner. On school days children get lunch at school. During holidays lunch is provided at the shelter home.Know more
- +Need for supplies to conduct Medical Camp
Health care is the utmost need of the hour and the care has to reached on time and quality not being compromised. Remote hamlets face problems in getting all these necessary care for both human and animals.Know more
- +Sponsorship for nutrition supplement for malnourished children
Provide a Nutritious Meal to 180 Malnourished Children in the age group of 3 to 7yrs. Praise Foundation has taken the initiative to provide a Nutritious Millet mix drink to the children of Nirmala Vidyalaya located in the slums of Koramangala Bangalore.Know more
- +Safe Drinking water in Poondi -Thiruvallur District
The people are constantly under threat due to lack of facilities for a healthy living. Hundreds of people were affected by a mysterious fever in Thiruvallur district of Tamil Nadu during August 2016. At least 9 people died all over the district due to this fever(New Indian Express dated 12th September. Know more
- +New Dresses for Shelter Home Children
Arunondhaya would like to have A set of new dress for child which they can wear during festivals and their birthdays. Children requested for jeans and t shirt hence we would love to get them one. Also some other needs are two sets of underwear for every 3 months for hygiene practices.Know more