With only 44% of children completing Class X, Praise Foundation focuses on sponsoring and providing formal education, non-formal education and lifeskills training for children in slum communities, child care institutions and rural areas in and around Chennai, Puducherry and Bengaluru.
Hi I’m Swetha. I finished my 10th standard in Government Hr Sec School, Perungudi, Chennai. I come to Noble Girls’ Group meeting every month. I learnt many things including leadership skills. They taught about qualities of a good leader. A leader should follow what she tells others to do. A leader should be an example for others to follow.
I learnt that I should lead a life without any wrong habits to be a good leader.
I also attended the special English and Mathematics coaching classes conducted for the 10th standard girls during weekends. It was very useful for me to prepare for the public examination. And I have performed well in my public examinations.
- +After school classes and life skills training for children in slum communities
Partner Organisation: Help a Child of India, Chennai
- +After school classes sports development and library set up
Partner Organisation: Need Base India, Bengaluru
- +After school classes and stationary/school bag sponsorship for children from rural areas
Partner Organisation: Poor People’s Development Society, Puducherry
- +Educational sponsorship and workshops for children in institutions
Partner Organisation: Seva Chakkara Samajaam, Chennai
- +Library set up and after school classes for children from rural community
Partner Organisation: The Candles, Chennai